Aporeto is a VC backed startup in the area of cloud native security. We offer a Zero Trust security solution for cloud, containers and microservices, allowing companies to achieve granular application segmentation. The Aporeto platform protects cloud applications from attack by authenticating and authorizing all communications with a cryptographically signed identity assigned to every workload.
Who We Are
We are passionate about drawing on diverse experiences, creative thought, and unintuitive approaches to create value for our customers and blaze a new path in our industry. Our “no bullshit” motto speaks to our directness and honesty, and our work to building trusted relationships with people and between applications.
To date, Aporeto has raised over $34M from world-class and strategic investors like Norwest Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
About the Role
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for the Western region and work closely with the Sales Account Executive to qualify potential customers, explain complex technical matters, and demonstrate the Aporeto solution. The Sales Engineer will provide pre-sales support and act as an ongoing trusted advisor to customers.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of modern operating systems (Linux / Windows), host level security, Virtualization, and Networking technologies as well as software development processes.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years experience as a Technical (Pre) Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect in Cloud Computing, ideally with enterprise clients
- Experience with technologies such as UNIX System administration, Kubernetes, Container platforms, Virtualization and/or Networking technologies
- Experience in advanced areas of network security
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Proven ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the Cloud Experience and to understand complex software workloads
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Perform online and/or in-person product demonstrations of the Aporeto solution to potential customers and strategize / provide technical council to the Sales Account Executive
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers
- Manage the technical relationship with Aporeto's customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Aporeto product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices
- Assist with proposal (RFP/RFI) process
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required