Cority leverages its cutting-edge SaaS-based technology and broad EHSQ product suite to partner with organizations around the world to effect meaningful change in the way environmental, health, safety and quality is managed. Cority stands by its customers as they attain performance goals, reduce EHSQ risks, enhance corporate productivity, and create a healthier workforce. The company has received many accolades for its strong employee culture and outstanding growth rate including recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies; being shortlisted for the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s Private Business Growth Award; and being named by Aon Hewitt as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
LOCATION: Toronto, HQ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
3. Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
4. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop compelling website features
5. Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support for other developers
6. Building the Front-End disciplines and ensuring developers follow best-practices when developing for the client-side
7. Documenting components and maintaining the UX Style Guides for other developers to follow
8. Learning the latest Front-End technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
9. Being an advocate throughout the company for great UI/UX
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of responsive design/development techniques and principles.
- Thorough understanding of Angular and related core principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experienced with GIT and related workflows.
- High attention to detail.
- Efficiency working with teams and independently; self-motivated, task oriented and organized.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Self-driven and takes initiative to get stuff done but thinks out of the box
- University Degree in a relevant technical field; combination of experience and education may be substituted
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a UI Engineer
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary plus bonus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collegial work environment with a focus on career growth for employees
- 18 different native languages spoken among a workforce of 150, the diversity of our employees reflects that of our client base.
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your family. Our plan covers dental and most medical procedures with no deductible.
- Cority provides a generous healthcare spending account to ensure that finance isn’t a factor in the health choices you make for you or your family.
- We reimburse the costs of an annual gym membership (or any equivalent sports/fitness activity).
- Central location with all local amenities nearby, a lunch room with foosball and ping-pong and a view over the Toronto skyline.
- An active social committee that regularly arranges monthly social events such as employee sports days, international potlucks, Happy Hours, Holiday Party and our annual ping-pong tournament.
- Cority employees receive exclusive discounts to a huge variety of products and services. Employees have used these discounts to save money on rail tickets, car rentals, hotels, theatre tickets, laptops and sporting events.