Mist Systems is currently searching for a motivated and accomplished professional to join its Sales Operations team in Cupertino as a Manager of Sales Operations. The role will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for supporting various sales activities and initiatives. You will be responsible for providing logistical, analytical, and technical support to Mist’s various sales organizations at the both field and executive levels. You will play a pivotal role in defining, implementing, and auditing sales related business processes within the organization across various teams including: inside sales, field sales, channel sales and renewal sales. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and adoption of various business systems/applications used by Mist’s sales teams including Salesforce.com.
Strategic Responsibilities – Partner with sales leadership team in on a variety of strategic initiatives including:
- Supporting Sales Leaders with the annual quota planning & quota setting process for individual field sales teams
- Supporting Sales Leaders with structuring and updating sales compensation plans & goals for various roles and positions
- Supporting Sales Leaders with reviewing/analyzing sales forecast data and producing accurate theater wide forecast rollups to executive management in accordance with Mist’s approved forecasting methodology.
- Supporting Sales Leaders with assessing their sales team’s overall performance against a variety of KPIs including opp generation, pipeline levels, bookings, new logo acquisition, avg selling price, avg sales cycle, enterprise vs commercial, sales productivity metrics, quota attainment, etc.
- Supporting Sales Leaders with generating QBRs and other strategic presentations (VP level only)
- Design, evaluate, and modify internal processes to accommodate evolving environments and business requirements.
- Administer all aspects of Mist’s sales compensation and commissions plans for the company’s rapidly growing sales team.
- Partner with Mist’s Sales Managers to accurately record and document all additions, modifications, and reductions in active sales teams and their individual compensation plans.
- Provide support to Sales’s annual commission planning process including, scenario modeling, data analysis, etc.
- Provide guidance and training to sales teams on commissions plan structures, reports, policy, and other relevant processes.
- Support Sales Operations in managing and maintaining the integrity of Mist’s sales pipeline by enforcing best practices in data hygiene.
- Analyze performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the Sales Support team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Combination of startup and large company experience is ideal
- 5-7 years of prior experience in sales programs and business operations
- Strategic and tactical thinker - Proven ability to formulate a high level strategy, then convert it into a tactical plan and execute on that plan
- Disciplined sales operations and management experience with a proven track-record of accurate of the following: forecasting, building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, implementing processes & infrastructure, and managing financial models to align expected results
- Sales DNA – Process oriented but still gets the sales art and science approach
- Deep Familiarity with sales tools, applications, with specific focus on built or off the shelf channel program tools. Business savvy - Solid understanding of finance, manufacturing and operations, engineering, marketing, etc. and how these functions relate to and impact sales
- Strong analytical skills, disciplined attention to detail, highly organized and thorough
- High impact personality - Highly energetic and enthusiastic; unpretentious and non-political hands-on operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity, be flexible and adaptable, and make quick course corrections when necessary
- Able to lead others to make correct decisions by setting appropriate expectations and holding people accountable
- A high degree of proficiency with Salesforce.com is important
- Minimum Education of Bachelor’s degree.