CognitiveScale builds augmented intelligence software for financial services, healthcare, and commerce markets. Built on its open and extensible Cortex5 platform, the company’s AI product family, Engage and Amplify, help large enterprises increase user engagement, improve decision-making, and deliver self-learning and self-assuring business processes.
We have successfully deployed this enterprise-grade software with multiple Global 500 companies, and have formed strategic go-to-market and technology partnerships with IBM, Microsoft and Deloitte. We have won numerous awards including Fortune’s Top 50 companies leading the AI Revolution, 2018 Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum, in addition to being featured in prominent research and publications. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, CognitiveScale has offices in New York, London and Hyderabad, India. Investors include Norwest Venture Partners, Intel Capital, IBM Watson, Microsoft Ventures, USAA and The Westley Group.
About the Position
The Marketing Director will lead content, product and solutions marketing, responsible for creating and publishing engaging content that captures the attention of our target buyers and prompts them to engage with CognitiveScale. You will work very closely with product managers to understand core message and positioning, and then amplify messages across all relevant media and platforms as required. The ideal candidate will work very closely with campaign/program marketing to ensure content is reflected in marketing campaigns, and marketing communications, to execute digital content and social media tactics.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing, and works closely with Product, Sales, Analyst Relations, Public Relations and Partner teams.
- Develop & maintain product and solutions messaging framework
- Manages all content for given solutions by maintaining a content inventory, as well as defining and executing a content strategy
- Understands and contributes to the definition of target buyers and relevant cohorts (personas) for each target role with the product marketing managers. Applies persona-based buyer insights to design client engagement experiences
- Defines the content subject and type required to move the target buyer through the buyer journey. Designs buyer journeys and content narratives for new, cross sell, up sell and loyalty/retention buyer types which set the framework for campaign execution
- Orchestrates cross-functional content development, delivery and discovery activities
- Curates content, managing global repurposing and sales/marketing enablement
- Creates and maintains the digital property map to understand each digital site (Cognitive Scale and 3rd party). Overlays the buyer journey onto that digital experience, as well as the content required for each property. Works with performance marketing to ensure content is published to all sites quickly and that it is continually maintained.
- Creates derivative messaging and content from the core messages delivered by product managers. Examples of derivative messaging include: web copy, e-books, slideshares, presentations, brochures, data sheets, search engine optimization terms and web copy, social media blogs, tweets, and other content to be used in social media tactics
- Works with campaign marketing to understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, assets, and messages, and modifies the strategy based upon that feedback
- Manages the budget for content creation for the given industry and/or solution, and works with industry SMEs and marketing agencies to ensure on-time project delivery
- Defines the messaging and search terms for search engine optimization, working with the performance marketing team to execute that strategy, as well as monitor web metrics
- Works with the digital and social teams to execute social media tactics, including writing and publishing blogs and tweets, identifying target social venues to place content, and works with performance marketing to push out pre-built content to a thought leader distribution list
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years as product marketer demonstrating relevant success
- Very strong writing skills – frequent writing is a requirement
- Proven ability to publish content in an agile manner
- Demonstrable skills in working with complex projects across matrixed teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools. Fluent in Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with marketing and business teams including offering management and sales
- Ability to deeply understand and profile target buyers – their needs, wants, beliefs, as well as how and when they learn about software and how it can solve their business problems
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with the ability to persuade are important
- Proven a track record of working independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- Knowledge of IT software products, especially analytics, IoT and artificial intelligence is strongly preferred
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI