Summary:Develops software for new applications and enhances existing applications. Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents all assigned components. Provides support as required to resolve issues raised by operations or the customer. May need to work with customers directly for resolving production issues.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics: Experience with design, coding and testing in an object-oriented environment.
Helpful / Preferred: Experience with Ruby on Rails and Jquery, Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Strong database experience, Experience with systems integrations using web services
Functions and Responsibilities (…in addition to other duties as assigned)
- Design, Develop and debug all assigned components.
- Analyze application problem areas and propose solutions.
- Plan and execute unit and functional tests as required to ensure changes meet customer requirements.
- Modifies applications using appropriate tools, coding standards and best practices.
- Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times. Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management.
- Develops clear and concise documentation.
- Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or the customer.
- Develop expert knowledge of existing applications.
- Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Will need to be on-call for engineering support per on-call schedule.
- Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes
- Will need to restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with infrastructure team.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.