Appriss Safety is seeking a Product Manager who will create and own software solutions for the Victim Services suite of products.
Appriss Safety provides SaaS based products designed with the goal of using ‘Knowledge for Good.’ From servicing victims of crimes to law enforcement agencies, we strive to enable communities to be safer by combining our industry knowledge and experience with our unique dataset.
This position will report into the Product Management team and will partner with Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Sales teams to bring solutions to the product suite within Safety’s Victim Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a desire to dig into problems to be solved by communicating regularly with current and potential customers; using in-person and remote communication to validate current product direction and requirements.
- Experience with delivering product road map features based on input from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Write user stories and requirements that will be used by design, engineering, and other peers to deliver software products.
- Understand customers' needs and desires by specifying and conducting the research needed to obtain information then making making product decisions in line with strategy.
- Partner with design, engineering, operations, project, sales, and client relationship teams to assist and deliver time-integrated plans for new products and features.
- Recommend direction and scope of present and future product offerings and features
- Assess market opportunity by comparing the existing product offering to competitors' products.
- Bring new product features and products to market by developing product requirements with a bias towards return-on-investment.
- Conscious of and working to ensure margin and profitability goals are met.
- Assist with product pricing initiatives utilizing market research data and understanding development costs.
About our Team
The Product Management team is a cross-functional group of people who work together to ensure successful product development for our customers and users. Our team currently includes a Director of Product Management, two Product Managers, Design Lead, Business Analyst, Product Specialist, and Project Managers. We are growing our team and seeking to hire a Product Manager (maybe that’s you!)
Our team in a nutshell
- Pros at juggling competing priorities
- Communicative (think status updates in gifs!)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- 5-7 years of experience in product management or other relevant work experience
- Writing, analytical, and research skills
- Experience delivering D2C and D2B software solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple deadline-oriented projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and proven ability to collaborate and accomplish outcomes with professionals at all organizational levels
- Business acumen and an understanding of potential revenue, total addressable market, churn rate and other factors that need to be taken into account when setting product strategy
- Ability to collaborate and contribute recommendations to enhance Appriss Safety’s product marketing and training strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Kanbanize, Trello, and Zeplin a plus
- Proven willingness and ability to make positive contributions in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Some travel may be required for customer or conference engagements.