Who is Karat?
Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams. Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Design at Karat
We are looking for a growing visual designer who has a passion and curiosity for solving complex problems through digital and print design. As our first full-time visual designer, you’ll have the opportunity to work tightly with our Product Design Lead and Director of Marketing to define and develop Karat’s marketing, communication, and visual brand.
- Collaborate with Marketing to refine, expand, and steward our visual brand identity
- Implement that visual brand in digital and print deliverables (e.g. the website, social media content, pitch decks, live event collateral, internal branding, swag, etc.)
- Strong visual aesthetic (i.e. great taste)
- You can apply core design principles (typography, layout, graphic design, art direction, etc.) to make effective and great-looking work
- Expertise in the design toolset of your choice (Adobe suite, Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web design principles
- Ability to translate business needs and creative briefs into design deliverables
- Ability to identify, empathize with, and understand target audience
- Portfolio of at least 3 distinct past works that demonstrates the skills listed above
- 1+ years professional experience (can include internships) in an agency, in-house, or freelance capacity
- A love for at least one of: html/css, illustration, photography, videography, or motion graphics
- Formal training in classical design principles. Ideally a BFA in Graphic Design or Illustration, but we are very much open to non-traditional education (e.g. bootcamps, online courses, YouTube, etc.) as well
- Experience working on cross-discipline teams
- Experience at a startup
- Passion for creative side projects (e.g. music, stationery design, writing, etc.)