Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Duties & Responsibilities
To contribute greater value to Health Catalyst, the Data Science team integrates tools and techniques into other Health Catalyst product (e.g., DOS, Corus, Leading Wisely, Patient Safety, or Touchstone) and Service offerings. This Intern will work with a team of data scientists to build and enhance data science and Health Catalyst products while providing excellent services to Health Catalyst clients.
- Products – you will work to contribute data science skills and expertise to data science (ex: healthcare.ai) and Health Catalyst (ex: Patient Safety) products. This will include collaborating with the data science team and other product teams in various roles.
- Services – You’ll participate in projects with the Analytic Services Organization, working directly with Health Catalyst customers to understand, build, and operationalize data science projects.
- Strategy – Participation in the development of strategy for integration of data science offerings across products within Health Catalyst that have different technical standards/frameworks.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - articulate speaker, clear writer
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Data Science
- Experience (1-2 years) with applied data science projects (statistics and machine learning) and software (R, Python)
- Ability to use the scientific method to make decisions supported by data
- Experience with feature engineering, data cleansing, and preparation (dplyr or Pandas)
- Practical knowledge of using (build, evaluate, deploy) machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques
- Software and Programming Skills
- Ability to write clear and functional code in R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of source code management systems (Git)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Familiarity with automated testing
- Unit, integration, code quality
- Knowledge of SQL (specifically MS SQL Server) databases and querying
- Experience supporting business intelligence
- Visualization and user experience skills (Rshiny)
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in scientic or quantitative field AND 3 years’ experience in data science
- Pursing MS or PhD in scientific or quantitative field
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.