Performance Marketing Manager, Referrals + Promotions at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is hiring a Performance Marketing Manager to join the US/CA Referrals + Promotions team. This is a unique opportunity for a data-driven Marketer to join a lean, high impact team driving substantial, high value customer acquisition for our Rides business.
This is a role, as you will be tasked with continually improving the referral experience, while minimising costs and streamlining processes. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking, creative problem solving and strong interpersonal abilities. This candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize data to understand customer behavior and areas for improvement in the referral program
- Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps, own processes end-end and constantly seek to improve them
- Regularly search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders, including product teams, to contribute to the success of these initiatives
- Track key analytics and provide actionable information and insights to influence marketing strategy moving forward.
What You’ll Need
- Marketing or similar field -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- 2-3 years of Strategy Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Process Improvement, Business Intelligence or similar background in a large business or growing a startup is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Analytical rigor - Excellent excel skills, SQL and other simulation/experimentation skills is a plus. We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a “get things done” attitude and willingness to get “in the trenches” to work with our drivers and riders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Experience managing projects across numerous channels to meet specific KPIs (e.g., revenue, engagement metrics)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners