- Expertise with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, SSO, X.509 and other standard authentication protocols
- Minimum 10 years experience in two or more domains across Security, Privacy, Cryptography, Authentication, Authorization and Risk
- Minimum 10 years experience in successfully designing and building large-scale distributed systems with reliability and availability in mind.
- Excellent documentation, communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Experience with multiple programming languages (Go, C++, Java, Python etc) and data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Proven track record of results as a Staff Engineer level or above at a premier technology company
About the Team
Uber's Customer Identity Platform (CIP) team provides seamless and secure customer identity experiences at scale for Uber and its partners through our Identity SaaS which includes sign-up, login, identity management and bot defense solutions.
Our platform is used by all Uber applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) and Uber integrations in third party applications (e.g. Alipay, Line etc). We also enable Uber as a Platform mission by providing seamless account creation and authentication for partner service providers (e.g. Lime, Getaround, Yandex etc) in Uber applications. These solutions contribute to business growth and user trust.
The CIP engineering team consists of Security Software Engineers, Backend Software Engineers, Web Frontend Engineers, Mobile Engineers, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and DevOPS/Site Reliability Engineers to enable us to provide end-to-end identity solutions.