The Act-On Operations group is hiring an expert in systems engineering technologies to join our team and support our mission to provide solutions to enable the highest security, availability, and reliability for our customers and their business processes. We are looking for an experienced candidate who enjoys learning and applying various emerging technologies to support our goals of delivering a best in class SaaS offering.
As a member of our team, you’ll participate in the selection, design and implementation of the solutions that drive our products and have the opportunity to mentor and guide our technical teams. You will apply your proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues encountered by our team. You’ll be working with technologies like Cisco Hyperflex / UCS, VMWare, Netapp, F5 and CentOS while supporting our data centers locally and within cloud hosting environments.
- Installs, maintains and enhances system configurations and solutions
- Responsible for helping design, capacity planning, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning and workload management of various production platforms and systems
- Designs and implements solutions to maximize scalability and infrastructure resiliency
- Conducts technical research, analysis, evaluation, testing and documentation on emerging tools and technologies in order to meet business needs
- Provide technical leadership to team members
- Actively seek out industry leading practices, tools and applications to ensure we’re using the best technologies to meet our goals
- Participate in our on-call rotation with our local and remote teams
Successful candidates must have:
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, Hyperflex and AWS
- Experience with Linux platforms, including the design, administration, troubleshooting, and management of distributed systems
- Strong scripting skills (Python or Bash preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables, projects and priorities with minimal supervision and deliver on schedule
The ideal candidate will additionally have one or more of the following:
- Experience implementing infrastructure within data centers
- Experience administering VMWare
- Experience with monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
A few technologies our team uses:
Ansible, AWS,CentOS, Cisco Hyperflex / UCS, Compellent, Commvault, F5-LTM, Nagios, NetApp, Python, Sensu, Splunk, Terraform, Tomcat, Vault, VMWare.