What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in order to achieve required units per hour and takt times
- Manage and direct suppliers and/or Contract Manufacturers. Act as the interface between Uber and external partners in leading reviews of requirements, design, qualification and capability.
- Provide manufacturing feedback and drive improvement to ensure better manufacturability and testability.
- Lead and coordinate with Uber internal team on planning and scheduling.
- Drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations, and OEM teams
- Lead and direct manufacturing areas to ensure production goals are met in a safe and efficient work environmen
- Manage/Schedule work flow and process for our manufacturing plant by assigning jobs to appropriate personnel for a given capacity requirement
- Ensure component readiness to verify part availability, quality, and cost, supporting overall product goals
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness to optimize for low cost and maximum flexibility
- Develop, calculate, monitor and improve production yield data
- Create and coordinate the production schedule with supply chain operations
- Lead and be accountable for multiple line bring-u
- Communicate system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional supply chain teams
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in NPI Operations Management in Automotive or Tier 1 Supplier
- Strong Manufacturing Engineering background.
- Experience with RFQ/RFP process.
- Technical expertise and prior CM/OEM Assembly and Management experience require
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve under pressure with poise
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrate value in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with making quick, informed decisions with 80% information
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to management with ease and confidence
- Thrives most when working independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including . engineering and supply chain
- Open to travel (25-30%)
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The SCALE group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.