Infutor Data Solutions, LLC provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor was formed in 2003 as a compiler of mass telephone and referential data assets. Since then, Infutor Data Solutions has grown into a full-service provider, producing world-class data solutions, which empower businesses to make critical, strategic decisions. In 2016, Infutor received a large strategic investment led by the growth equity team at Norwest Venture Partners, a global multi-stage investment firm with more than $6 billion in capital under management.
Infutor’s headquarters are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. with offices in Chicago, IL., Fort Myers, FL., Olathe, KS. and San Rafael de Escazú, Costa Rica.
As a Data Engineer at Infutor you will guide colleagues on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on our platforms. You will work on data migrations and transformational projects with colleagues to design large-scale data processing systems, data storage systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
In this role you are the Infutor Data Engineer working with Infutor's most strategic customers. Working as a
team, you will support customer implementation of Infutor products through architecture guidance, best
practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and much more.
This role will report to our Manager of Data Engineering and be based in our San Rafael de Escazú office.
Key Performance Indicators for this role are:
- Self- management: Every piece of software developed, must be done following Agile methodologies. The developers must be self-managed, they should be able to gather requirements, then plan and estimate iterations based on it. They must also report progress and inform about any issue that shows up in a daily basis. At the end of the iteration, they should perform reviews and retrospectives for identifying what can be improved on the next one.
- Documentation: Every piece of software developed, must be well documented before it is coded. Documentation shouldn’t be extensive but must help the developer to plan the solution before working on it.
- Coding: Always apply best practices: write code that is easy to read, simple, easy to maintain, has good performance and can be extended. Code refactor whenever any of this attributes can be improved.
- Support: Maintain and modify existing application software based on new software release requirements. Provide system support on production issues, user and tester needs.
- Quality: Only deliver what is 100% finished. This includes what is fully tested.
Responsibilities and Duties
At Infutor, Data Engineers work in an Agile environment, so they need to fully understand and follow the principles
stated in the Agile Manifesto (http://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html). Depending on the project, they need to work on self-organized teams or by themselves; in both cases they need to be self-motivated and independent. They need to work incrementally, willing to revisit work (code refactoring) and accepting that the big picture will
evolve over time (forget about big designs up front).
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform: analysis, design, coding and testing for all software assignments.
- Write documentation:
- User Stories
- User Acceptance tests
- Wireframes with details
- Deployment instructions
- Architecture and design
- Write Unit Tests
- Code always using best practices and standards for ensuring technical excellence.
- Provide support on production issues.
- Deliver infrastructure projects to enable a new data lake
- Deliver data infrastructure projects to enable advanced analytics
- Assist in rapid development of data pipelines and analytics prototypes
- Explore data sources to better understand the availability and quality of data
- Document available data sources and how they are being transformed
- Works closely with subject matter experts, functional experts and other colleagues for building data pipelines from structured and unstructured data
- Help in conceptualizing and deliver infrastructure to enable advanced analytics
- Technical coaching.
- Plan and estimate the work to be done.
- Frequently report progress or issues.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal Technical Expertise:
- University degree or college diploma in the field of computer science, computer engineer or related
- Proficiency in SQL, query optimization, and data modeling
- Data warehouse architecture
- ETL tools. Experience with data transfer and manipulation.
- 2+ years of professional data engineering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
Exceptionally qualified candidates will also have:
- Experience using Jenkins
- Experience or training on Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as: S3, Glue, Matillion,
- Snowflake DB, Amazon Aurora
- Experience with Agile and Scrums
Ideal Business Expertise:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Spanish/English)
- Proactive self-starter
- Problem solver with critical thinking skills
- Quality focus
- Quick learner interested in self-development
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and partner with a team as an effective collaborator
- Desire to learn and grow at a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Adaptive and flexible - able to change direction as required
- Positive attitude that finds excitement in change and challenges
Compensation and Benefits
A career with Infutor offers:
- Competitive payment
- Opportunity to learn new technologies
- Design freedom under establish parameters
- Tuition programs.
- Excellent work environment
- Work from home program
- Breakfast and lunch
- Private medical insurance
- Performance Units
- Employee Referral Bonus