Summary of Position:
We are looking for a Database Engineer/ETL Developer to help us disrupt and revolutionize the patient payment and billing experience in health care. As a Database Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of data integration processes, which will be used to move, cleanse, and transform large amounts of data between multiple systems. The work you do will directly contribute to the success and growth of VisitPay.
- Design, develop, test and troubleshoot ETL packages
- Map and load data from source to destination systems
- Participation in the development and execution of unit and system test plans to ensure data quality meets or exceeds standards and thresholds
- Story planning, development, and QA as part of our 2-week Agile sprints
Competencies for success:
- Thrives on challenges and loves learning
- Is self-driven, diligent, and enjoys solving problems
- Wants to be part of a high-growth, high-innovation company that will revolutionize a market
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others and giving and receiving feedback
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Min 1 year of significant SQL development experience
- Hands-on experience developing ETL/data integration solutions
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with large and/or complex data sets
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Experience working in a secure HIPAA/PHI environment
- Experience with hospital or financial systems
- Some programming skills in C#, .NET or PowerShell
- This position is based in Boise, ID; however, remote candidates will be considered if they have a proven track record of successful remote work. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.