About the company
An initiative that started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighbourhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 70 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 50,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 5000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,20,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers.
Software QA Engineer III is a individual contributor role at Swiggy. As a SQAE III you’ll be responsible to take complete end to end ownership of features which are released for consumers and partners. You will be responsible to own quality through complete lifecycle of the product from ideation to post release customer support. This is a quality expert role where you will have to ensure that functional and nonfunctional requirements are release for any product on time into production with appropriate amount of or complete automation.
Expectations from role:
- Must have prior experience of handling complex projects with stakeholders.
- Must have prior experience in creating optimal test strategy (Including Functional, Non Functional, Analytics and automation) and test plans for short term and long term projects both.
- Must be strong in verbal and written communication.
- Hands on automation experience required in Selenium & Appium for UI.
- Must have prior automation experience for Rest based webservices using Java (testng, maven, httpclient, rest Rest assurred, JAXB, JAXRS, Jersey, Jackson).
- Must have strong hands on experience on functional and non functional automation.
- Must be strong in writing complex SQL queries using joins.
- Database hands-on experience is required.
Good To Have:
- Experience on any scripting language like python, perl shell, tcl/tk is a plus.
- Prior hands on experience in developing tools using new age technologies like Golang, ReactJS and Nosql databases is a plus.
- Must be able to handle the independent execution with minimal guidance.
- Prior hands on experience or understanding on working with Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, scala, Flink, vertx, springboot, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, solr, AWS, Athena is a plus.