About the company
An initiative that started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighbourhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 70 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 50,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 5000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,20,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers.
About the role
Software Development Manager
Scootsy is a quick, curated and a quality one-stop pan-city delivery platform which enables on-demand gratification of anything a consumer need. In an era where time is of essence and importance, people are moving towards convenience at their doorstep with an assurance of both a quality product and service. Scootsy fulfills a variety of categories ranging from food, fashion apparel, and accessories to home décor, skin care, gifts, organic produce, toysbooks, magazines, and electronics.
Part of Bundl Technology, Scootsy is a hyperlocal food delivery platform that provides a curated selection of restaurants, bakeries, gourmet stores, and food experiences. Scootsy brings exclusive brands such as Royal China, Nara Thai, Sequel and ROYCE' to your doorstep. The unique interface allows customers to discover new and trending products. Scootsy answers late-night cravings by delivering till 3 am, comes to the rescue for last minute party or gifting needs and even gets restaurants from South Mumbai to Bandra or vice versa. The Scootsy platform is accessible through iOS and Android mobile applications, the Scootsy website
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Build and Lead multiple teams of 10-15 top-notch engineers to own, drive & deliver critical parts of our products.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
- Engage with product management and CTO office team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
- Ensure on-time launches by managing the design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers