Sr Market Research Lead, Community Operations at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Senior Market Research Lead for Community Operations will be responsible for delivering insights that inform the strategic direction of Uber’s global customer support efforts. Community Operations is responsible for providing customer support to all Uber customers and partners (e.g., riders, drivers, eaters, restaurants) and often serves as the only direct interaction between Uber and our customers.
You will report to the Head of Safety & Community Operations Research and will work with a matrix of stakeholders to develop a research roadmap and execution plan for generating insights to optimize and measure the success of our customer support efforts. You should have stakeholder management experience, excellent analytical, time-management, and cross-functional leadership skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present analytical plans and insights to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
If you're a professional who is passionate about insights with the analytical ability to identify key trends and ladder them up to broader strategies and unearth tactical opportunities, then we're looking for you.
- Core focus will be on optimizing and benchmarking the customer support experience for riders, drivers, eaters, and couriers.
- Develop trusted relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in HQ and around the globe in Uber’s mega regions.
- Build and champion scalable frameworks for measuring customer support efficacy.
- Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class quantitative and qualitative research solutions: leadership in technique and methodology is essential.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations.
- Partner with User research, Data Science, and Market Research team members to triangulate and increase the impact of market research insights.
- Produce highly effective communication to influence decision-making and product planning.
- Ability to interface directly with leaders.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing research, ideally with experience working with customer support teams
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience managing cross-regional projects, and / or international work experience
- Ability to tell clear, compelling stories out of complex issues and analysis
- Influential with great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and building frameworks
- Ability to navigate matrixed and cross-functional business environments
- Change management in a large/international company
- Ability to design processes without a prescribed template
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Experience working with customer support teams a plus
- International experience a plus