Uber Eats General Manager, Strategic Projects - US/CAN Cities at Uber
New York City, NY, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for an Eats US/CAN General Manager and head of a new business initiative to build and launch a new business within Uber Eats. Role responsibilities include setting the strategy, overseeing the product P&L, building and leading a team of experts and top performers and working alongside product, customer service and other partners to create and execute a launch plan. This role reports to the Regional General Manager and Head of US Cities Uber Eats.
You’ll come with a track record of building teams, products and systems tied directly to the top and bottom line results of the organization, ideally with experience discovering and designing business solutions and working cross-functionally across a fast-growing business.
What You’ll Do
- Build out and directly lead an operations organization across the US/CAN Cities to build, launch and execute a new product across the United States
- Work closely with the Regional General Manager and General Managers, leading the market strategy and creating and executing initiatives to achieve them
- You will directly manage a team of Operations Managers across a variety of levels
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Influence and contribute directly to the creation and evolution of this new product
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, product, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives for regional strategy
- Establish and build out scaleable internal processes to support new product growth
What You’ll Need
- At least 7 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, business analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Experience building a new product or operating a business from the ground up
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories