About the Role
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. You will be an individual contributor who is able work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. You are able to establish links throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in processes and projects and work through preliminary analysis of issues with the Director of Technical Accounting. This position will work closely with the SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting Departments and the external auditors, and will report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical accounting support on loan securitization and other structured finance transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues through preparation of U.S. GAAP technical accounting memos. Specific areas of focus include consolidation (ASC 810), transfers and servicing (ASC 860), and beneficial interests (ASC 325-40).
- Assist in operationalizing new/complex transactions and function as a liaison for Controllership with the Capital Markets Group, Investor Group and Legal Department on new initiatives including considering impacts on operational accounting.
- Collaborate with the Legal Department to review new or changed contracts related to securitizations, loan sales, and new legal entities to identify accounting implications.
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards and monitor emerging accounting standards during the exposure draft period to interpret impact to LendingClub.
- Maintain the Accounting Policy Manual by providing additions and enhancements to the Accounting Policy Manual.
- Assists with external audit activities including technical accounting work performed over new, complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 7 or more years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with complex accounting research and technical accounting memo writing
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.