Location: ELIZABETHTOWN, PA
Grove Collaborative is a digitally native brand and direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care products. With a mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home, Grove offers a flexible recurring shipment model and gives each customer a personal shopper, a “Grove Guide.”
What makes us different
We are a B Corp
We are a B Corp - a group of about 2500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social & environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too.
We sell real things to real people, and make an impact
We’re not selling to Silicon Valley & New York; Our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
About the role:
We currently have an opening for a Fulfillment Department Supervisor to join our amazing team where you'll be on the front lines contributing to awesome member experiences! You will report to an Operations Manager and be responsible for leading high service level operations within an assigned shift (Weekend Shift is Fri-Sun 5:00am - 5:30pm or 6:00am to 6:30pm)
Your Impact and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day activities with responsibility for the overall safety, quality, performance, team work and member experience of Outbound FC Operations
- Set and clarify departmental requirements and expectations while creating an environment of teamwork, collaboration and open communication
- Understand safety procedures, ensure safe working practices and document accidents/incidents timely
- Prioritize appropriately meeting deadlines
- Exhibit professional behavior while coping well with ambiguity and change
- Drive results and approach obstacles proactively
- Ensure company policies are communicated and enforced consistently
- Source and nurture ideas and roll them into the creation of improvement plans
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and within the entire organization
- Work closely with (HR, Facilities, Safety and other dept heads) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
- Track production metrics and utilize data to develop strategies for continuous improvement and report to management
- Assist with the establishment of long-term operational strategic plans
- Recognize top performance, coaching and progressive discipline for poor performance
- Propose and implement improvements in equipment and processing methods
- Conduct timecard review daily and weekly to ensure pay accuracy
- Perform other duties with flexibility as assigned, rotate to other shifts/departments and work extended hours and holidays as needed including an expectation to arrive at least 30 minutes early and remaining at least 30 minutes at end of shift to complete pass downs, reports and timecard reviews.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, engineering or related field
- 3-5 years minimum proven leadership/supervisory experience in developing teams of 100+ within in a Fulfillment or Distribution environment
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise and polished
- Proven ability to lead process improvements through the lean process or Kaizen, as well as, provide solutions when problem solving
- Dedicated to quality and high standards
- Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic
- A team player who respects co-worker's opinions, treating everyone with courtesy
- Able to communicate effectively and take direction
- Dependable, responsible, reliable and mature
- Exceptional listener who is well organized and has an eye for detail
- Able to work in a team environment, provide honest and direct feedback
- Able to handle ambiguity, changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experienced with performance metrics
- Analytical with problem solver abilities
- Proven history of illustrating a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all requests promptly, thoroughly and timely
- Experienced in MS Office, other operating systems, warehousing systems and applications such as Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan, HighJump)
We are defining the future of consumer goods and you are going to want to be part of it!
We treat our team well
Highly Competitive compensation
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits
All the equipment and applications you will need to excel at your job.
An opportunity to make big impacts in a visible role as well as to build your skillset!
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.