MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. Thousands of organizations have selected MobileIron as the platform for their mobile strategies. In fact, MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant and has been recognized as a Leader for 7 consecutive years.
Are you excited by cloud, security, and mobile?
Would you like your expertise to empower millions of employees across thousands of enterprises to be productive while keeping the enterprise data secure? We rock at what we do which is why we have 15,000+ global customers. After our first successful decade, we are looking for people that can help us build the next chapters of our story. Chapter two rapidly expands our "Cloud First" footprint.
The Cloud Development Platform Architect position is a senior, hands-on technical leadership role in the MobileIron Cloud engineering team. The successful candidate will be working independently or leading small teams responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution. The work is done with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system applications.
Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leads small teams to develop, test, and fix defects in application software
- Leads the preparation of overall application software designs at the system level
- Leads work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work for the projects within the team
- Maintains expert knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility. Maintains expert knowledge of the business processes supported by the systems. Maintains expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized throughout Information Systems
- Leads teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company
- Champion a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
Who you are...
- Strong self-initiative, communication skills, and adaptability to new technology
What you've done...
- 10+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Hands-on development of highly distributed, cloud-based micro-service environments, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing Restful cloud services
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EKS, ELB, Lambda, S3 or RDS (Postgres)
- Knowledge of orchestration system such as Kubernetes, and distributed streaming platform such as Apache Kafka
- Good understanding of security and networking concepts (SSL, PKI, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Experience with continuous delivery and associated technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet
- Track record of taking a project from inception through launch
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.