MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
Engineering team is looking for a passionate UI engineering leader based in Bangalore. You will lead our Bangalore UI engineering team by retaining our top talent and attracting new talent as a practicing engineering leader.
The UI engineering team is responsible for development of Web UI applications to manage various Cloud and on-prem EMM products. You will be working closely with engineering and product leadership based out of Mountain View, CA and with your peers based out of our Bangalore and Hyderabad facility.
- Build, retain and grow high power technical teams
- Translate high level product requirements into actionable epics and stories and schedule them across multiple scrum teams.
- Ensure that the items that require design have high quality design specifications based on which systems are developed.
- Ensure that the interface and interaction with MI client apps is designed, understood and signed off by all stakeholders
- Ensure that releases are estimated, planned and tracked across various scrum teams
- Work with our sustaining & support teams to ensure customer escalations are handled appropriately.
- You will use this insight in better define the stories and provide feedback into how we build and test our product. You will do RCAs for customer found defects and production issues, including upgrades.
- Coach the scrum teams to follow MobileIron’s Agile practice and ensure high level of productivity and predictability by using data driven decisions
- Coach engineering leads to pre-groom and groom epics, stories and ask the right questions to ensure proper architecture, designs are reviews are conducted
- Partner with QE leadership to ensure high quality, performance & scalability of the product and help build a CI/CD pipeline
- Jump in as needed and get your hands dirty at any level - be it coding, code reviews, design or architecture
- Unblock your teams from dependencies with remote teams by building strong relationships and partnering with your peer Release, Product & Engineering Managers
- Build trust with each individual in your team and coach them towards their career goals, do annual performance reviews, hire and staff teams appropriately
- Communicate to the team on a consistent basis to ensure they are aligned to team, product and organizational goals
- Travel occasionally as required to meet customers, peer teams and Engineering/PM leadership
Your Past Experience & Future Success...
- You have extensive experience in the role of an Engineering Leader in a mid-size software engineering organization, with some time in a start-up. In that role, you were building a product in Cloud/SaaS or
- Security solutions ideally for large enterprise customers. Exposure to on-prem software or migrating an on-prem solution to Cloud is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in developing web based applications. Expert knowledge designing and building a single page web application.
- Expert understanding of HTML5, CSS, DOM, and other W3C standards
- Experience working on Unix/Linux/Mac OS platforms desirable.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Eye for design to help improve our next generation cloud platform.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of being a top performer in their current and past roles
- 4+ year engineering management experience with multiple agile teams, multiple time-zones and leading 20+ people organization
- 10+ years of experience in industry with at least 5 years in a hands-on developer, lead or architect role