MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM. From day one, MobileIron's focus has been 100% customer success through innovation, leadership, customer support and best practice development.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
We are looking for a rockstar Engineering leader to build and deliver Mobile Applications and frameworks on iOS/Android/MacOS. These applications are the face of MobileIron device management for the end users and are an integral part of the day to day business function for a number of MobileIron customers. Balancing the growing needs of an expanding user base while maintaining and raising the quality bar for the applications is going to be a critical part of this role.
The engineering team and MobileIron have a startup culture, because of this we highly value the ability for individuals to work in unstructured and somewhat abstract roles. We like all staff to think creatively without limits or boundaries. The right leader can look beyond what is possible and be willing to push the boundaries. Thinking outside the box is key for this position as you constantly analyze what is and what could be.
The teams are distributed geographically between Mountain View, India and Eastern Europe. Some travel for customer visits and to meet the remote teams will be required.
- Direct hands-on experience (10+ years) leading Engineering teams building sophisticated Mobile applications on iOS, Android and/or MacOS
- Proficient in Architecture and Design of complex and cross-functional software projects
- Proficient with C/C++, Objective C/Swift and Java
- Strong fundamentals around Algorithms, Data Structures and practical applications of these to build software systems
- Strong proponent of Engineering best practices and has a track record of addressing engineering efficiency bottlenecks
- Has a track record of running Engineering projects with a Quality First mindset
- Demonstrated ability to foster a startup-like culture in the Engineering teams bringing passion and energy to the workplace in growing and managing geographically distributed teams using successful recruiting, employee development and retention.
- Strong communicator who can comfortably sell the business vision to engineering teams, and structure team and individual efforts to tie into a common charter
- Has the ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology. Can discuss technical and product issues and resolve development challenges with Engineers. Keeps current on technology trends, standards and development processes. Is naturally curious about technology and the impacts of technology on the mobile market.
- A pragmatic decision-maker – Has the ability to prioritize tasks in the context of objectives, constraints and dependencies. Exercises sound judgment and makes decisions based upon facts, instinct and experience. Applies creative approaches to solve problems. Sets aggressive, yet realistic expectations with respect to team and individual performance. Comprehends the intangible impacts of goals, schedules, and milestones on members of the team, and makes adjustments accordingly
- Self-confidence, to have both the conviction and willingness to make decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions.