MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to join our growing Technical Publications department. We produce technical content for a cutting-edge software solution that provides multi-OS mobile device management to a wide range of industries. This is an excellent on-site position for an experienced and technically savvy individual contributor who wants to create and deliver high-quality enterprise documentation for IT administrators and application developers. The role reports to the Senior Technical Publications Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working as an integral part of an Agile development team to research, plan, and produce content for a range of audiences and products, with a focus on enterprise software administration and application developers. Content may include administrator guides and release notes, Web services API guides, and SDK guides.
- Interacting with multiple departments to ensure that the information needs of customers, partners, and internal personnel are met.
- Developing task estimates to efficiently produce documentation within required timelines.
- Producing clear, concise, and correct documentation that meets customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, technical writing, or software or IT-related field.
- 7+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an enterprise software environment.
- Superior analytical ability to research and understand complex software product solutions.
- Proven ability to document software products using technical writing standards for grammar, syntax, and composition.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with distributed team members.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with cloud computing solutions and mobile technology.
- In-depth knowledge of print and online publishing tools and procedures, especially MadCap Flare or other topic-based authoring tools.
- Working knowledge of Project Management software (experience with Atlassian products such as Confluence and JIRA is a plus).
- Proven track record of researching and writing clear, concise documentation for IT administrators or application developers.
- Strong understanding of usability principles.
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.