MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM. Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
We are looking for a Staff Network Engineer to be a part of our corporate IT team. This person is going to be responsible for maintaining the internal network across multiple sites and teams. This is a great opportunity for somebody looking help maintain and scale a company's internal network services.
What you’ll be doing…
- Coordinates with stakeholders, customers to develop network implementation plans and customer service agreements (SLAs) which include documented deliverables, time lines, roles and responsibilities, in order to ensure delivery of low-cost high-quality services;
- Ensures that network reliability and availability is monitored, managed, maintained and operated per SLAs
- Recommends information technology strategy to reflect customer business needs and direction: recommends, develops, and implements service changes and new services
- Ensures timely response to problem calls and ensures network projects are completed on time, within budget, and that they meet stated objectives
- Conducts research to identify equipment alternatives for the implementation of specific network designs
- Develops standards, methods and procedures for the acquisition and maintenance of data & voice
- Evaluates completed installation projects by comparing the final design with the actual implementation
- Installs and troubleshoots difficult and complex equipment configurations involving voice and data network integration
- Identifies security threats and incidents: audits firewall logs, analyzes the results from network security probes and coordinates with technical contacts and Internet Service Providers to identify, investigate, respond to, and resolve security incidents
- Performs other related duties, as required
Who you are...
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining and documenting procedures in writing and verbally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a part of a team
What you’ve done…
- 10+ Years of Network administration experience
- Strong scripting experience, automation of daily mundane tasks
- Network engineering principals, practices, terminology, trends and usage as utilized by large complex organizations
- Communications hardware and software such as found in routers, WAN & LAN switches, network servers (e.g., mail transport, DNS, LDAP directory services)
- Knowledge of Linux & Windows Operating Systems
- Wireless communications technologies
- Strong understanding of IPv6 and IPv4, proficiency in DNS/DHCP
- Experience in implementing network services, including Enterprise wireless network solutions, VPN, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Practical knowledge of networking technologies, including LAN, WAN, VLAN, NAT, and routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Strong understanding of network security including firewalls, ACL, IPSec, VPN, SSL/TLS, PKI and Cryptographic principles
- Experience in Network management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.