The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for the creation, execution, and ongoing maintenance of automated test cases/conditions throughout the testing lifecycle. They will work closely with the business and development to complete all testing activities on schedule, while balancing release quality with test coverage. Will support test efforts with moderate to significant risk and complexity.
What is required:
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box, white box and automated testing) with short release cycles.
- Experience with developing Test Scripts and Test Plans.
- Experience with understanding automation frameworks & extending existing ones with Java.
- Contribute to Quality Improvements by coordinating with the engineering team and with other geographically-diverse teams.
- Ability to analyze & test wide variety of features, releases, drive system designs and product implementations.
- Ability to set application configurations and create test data.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key functionalities.
- Develop QA automation programs and streamline current QA efforts
- Experience in Enterprise-level projects using Agile software development methodologies throughout the whole life cycle
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be attentive to detail, highly-organized, and able to multi-task.
- Conduct deep technical analysis/testing of systems implementation and integration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-4 years hands-on practical testing experience.
- 3+ years of programming languages like JAVA, Python is mandatory for automation.
- Knowledge of Zookeeper, RabbitMQ, CouchBase preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases and SQL
Experience at working in Cloud environments like AWS, and container technologies like docker, kubernetes.
- Experience in SaaS technology environment
Web services preferred (REST, HTTP)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Keen aptitude for defect analysis.
- Experience working in a fast-paced release cycles & deployments.
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.