The Wholesale Account Executive will be the primary position focused exclusively on the development of wholesale accounts with the ultimate goal of the owning and growing the accounts in the UK and DACH markets. The Account Executive will have experience within the Geo including managing department store, big box and/or specialty accounts. Experience should include accounts sufficiently large to cover major UK Urban and Suburban markets, as well as Central European markets. Familiarity with all aspects of account management including product knowledge, planning and allocation, EDI and commerce hub (or similar) interface, co-op marketing, product delivery cadence and both store and e-com business.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Oversee execution and management of UK and European wholesale partners including department stores, big box and specialty accounts
- Own external launch of new partnerships; structure deals and manage budgets
- Partner with VP Global Wholesale to drive strategic direction for wholesale partners
- Partner with tech, finance, operations, creative and product teams to launch partnerships and optimize business performance
- Partner with planning team to build and revise projections, identify risk and upside opportunity and roll accounts into global annual and demand plans
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute marketing initiatives with partners to ensure the success of the accounts
- Partner with the UK & EU team on key goals and targets for the wholesale business in the UK and Europe and align on key wholesale objectives with both the partnership team and the regional team
- Act as the glue: as key communicator, informer and liaison between the domestic team and the partnerships team
- Participate in weekly commercial business review meeting as key stakeholder
- Present account specific marketing opportunities
- Identify, react and create new opportunities to drive business with an account
- Build and maintain relationships with retail partners
- Represent the Casper brand and core values
- Review all PO’s and coordinate EDI integration, 3PL and warehouse integration relative to account
- Bring on site expertise to competitor set within the GEO
- Report to the VP Global Wholesale, based in New York
Our dream candidate has...
- Five years minimal account executive level experience working for a known brand conducting wholesale business within the UK
- Ideally some account management experience in different geographies, Germany would be a plus
- Excellent retail math skills including all margin reviews
- Experience negotiating key business points including margin, RTV’s, Marketing allowances, etc.
- Excellent excel and associated skills and use of all Microsoft Suite and Google programs
- Excellent team member within The Global Partnership Team
- Experience presenting to accounts
- Excellent communication skills including but not limited to keeping both direct and functional superiors apprised of all relevant daily account updates
- Ability to maintain excellent records of all meeting and create/communicate accurate meeting notes
- Ability to communicate cross functionally with all internal partners including finance, legal, marketing, logistics, tech, operations, merchandising, retail and experience
- Belief in The Casper Brand and culture and the relevance of a good night’s sleep
- BA in business, finance or liberal arts
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Participation in the UK pension plan
- A generous vacation policy that allows you to catch up on some zzz’s
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!