At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with deep operational and service acumen to run our first outlet store! As Store Manager, you will drive the growth of Casper in your respective market. You will develop a customer centric sales culture in a high traffic environment. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your team requires leading by example, active coaching and investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making and operational excellence.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans and increasing Casper’s market penetration rate.
- Oversee management and movement of inventory to minimize carrying costs, reduce cost of goods and improve store productivity.
- Create business driving strategies and business plans in order to identify opportunities that drive operational excellence, sell-through rates and brand engagement.
- Oversee Store P&L and achieve EBITDA targets by managing payroll and other operating, visual and marketing expenses.
- Manage operational complexities to ensure your team achieves business results and delivers on Casper’s brand values.
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep and increase customer awareness.
- Create a customer journey that is operationally sound through floor zoning, merchandising, back-of-house strategy and seamless execution.
- Balance a transactional sales environment with one that is still high touch.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to the Casper organization
- Develop, coach, and mentor a world class service-minded & operational team.
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique talent pool through continuous networking and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Ensure that all training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement and learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement.
- Maintain safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet and HQ.
Our dream candidate has…
- 5+ years minimum experience as a people leader in Retail. Outlet experience preferred.
- Deep and institutional knowledge of 4 wall store operations.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service excellence.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities.