We’re looking for a QA Engineer who will contribute to test planning, test automation, and test execution for our applications. Our Quality Assurance team is a small, highly-skilled group that works closely with Engineering, Product, and Design to help them do their best work and build software that delights our users. You'll be an integral part of our fast-moving tech team, focused on improving our test coverage and helping achieve a better experience for our customers.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work closely with developers and QA staff to establish tests that support our business goals and cover a variety of consumer and admin use cases.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Write detailed test plans and support some manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests.
- Develop strategies that will enhance automated test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Write and maintain internal documentation for the test and automation infrastructure.
Our dream candidate...
- Has 3+ years of experience with test automation and testing tools.
- Has a good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Has experience with testing frameworks like Selenium, Nightwatch, TestCafe, Puppeteer, Travis, Appium and willingness to learn new ones.
- Is comfortable with various types of end-to-end quality assurance including functional testing, usability testing, regression testing and automated testing .
- Is experienced in debugging across different browsers, devices and environments.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!