At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products, services and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
The Wholesale Director is responsible for strategically driving revenue growth and achieving target goals, developing and expanding the Casper wholesale business in North America and EU. This includes leading and owning relationships with external partners across department stores, big box, specialty and online accounts. The Director will provide direct support to high volume accounts, and lead a team of Account Executives in North American and EU, ensuring the success of this team. Internally, the Wholesale Director will partner with the commercial, planning and merchandising teams, as well as other cross-functional partners. This role reports to the VP, Global Wholesale.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Oversee sales team responsible for the execution and management of multiple wholesale partners including department stores, big box and specialty accounts inclusive of ecomm partners.
- Partner with VP Global Wholesale, as well as Chief Experience Officer and SVP Commercial to drive strategic direction for wholesale channel including identifying, negotiating and onboarding new partners; managing and deepening ongoing relationships.
- Develop and finalize annual and multi-year business plan/strategy; including sales targets, and other profitability metrics
- Work collaboratively with key internal partners to drive wholesale strategy: merchandising, marketing, experience and planning
- Prepare and present annual channel strategy to key leaders and peers
- Build and execute sales strategies aligned with brand
- Own and manage execution of wholesale order book
- Own external launch of new partnerships in tandem with cross functional partners; structure deals and manage budgets
- Deliver sales and margin targets - monthly, quarterly, annually
- Manage sales team to effectively report and manage their business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis – both internal revenue and partner performance
- Drive internal efficiencies with cross functional partners to enable improved operating procedures and wholesale channel scale
- Identify, create and react to new opportunities to drive business with accounts
- Partner with manager of sales operations to effectively on board new partners including operational and tech needs
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape
- Align cross channel (where necessary) on product or sales strategy; retail and e-commerce
- Work with strategic accounts incorporating merchandising and PD to develop market specific needs and opportunities including seasonal products, exclusive products
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute marketing initiatives with partners to ensure the success of accounts
- Be an effective team leader who is able to identify talent, hire and develop people
- Represent the Casper brand and core values
- Report to the VP Wholesale
Our dream candidate is...
- 8+ years of relevant work experience to include operating in a commercial business
- Wholesale or licensing experience/exposure required
- Experience negotiating key business points including margin, RTV’s, Marketing allowances etc.
- Strong relationship manager with ability to influence both external and internal partners
- Experience growing a small team responsible for managing for key and specialty accounts
- An appetite for rolling-up-sleeves; a builder, intellectually curious, and scrappy
- Thorough analytical aptitude--ability to plan and manage to KPI’s
- Gets results--can drive revenue
- Strong in front of a group - large or small; great presentation and articulation skills
- Ability to communicate cross functionally with all internal partners including finance, legal, marketing, logistics, tech, ops., retail and experience
- Confidence and humility - in the same package
- Experience working in a fast, high growth environment
- Belief in The Casper Brand and culture and the relevance of a good night’s sleep
- BA in business, finance or liberal arts
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!