The Director of Commercial Operations will identify and implement solutions to enable a seamless order management process across all sales channels, supporting the omni-channel growth of Casper.
The long-term objective is to create the process map and work cross-functionally, implementing omni-channel order management systems that optimize fulfillment across channels ensuring B2B and B2C customer satisfaction.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Create the detailed process map for the Wholesale Sales Order/Order-To-Cash functionality, identifying the end to end cross functional workflow
- Identify order management functionality required in JDE to allow for robust order book management
- Identify system and process needed for drop ship orders at scale, make recommendations and project manage implementation
- Create and optimize return to vendor process and coding
- Identify operational and logistics processes and system requirements to move from immediate order fulfillment to managing future bulk orders with frequent EDI drawdown. Includes identifying the:
- Process for managing the timing and execution of weekly/ biweekly orders
- Inventory allocation process, including systemic account priority capability
- Facilitate new customer on-boarding into Order Management System
- Manage contract negotiation with system vendors
- Ensure adherence to operating cycle; attending key meetings such as Monthly Business Review, project meetings.
- Partner with Finance to ensure processes to support the wholesale function are implemented in 2019, including, but not limited to:
- Credit management
- Cash application
- Charge back management
- Gross to net pricing determination
- Customer profitability
- Build out function and team priorities to ensure successful order management across all channels
- Build and develop the team
Our dream candidate has...
- 10-15 years’ experience optimizing supply chain, demand planning and inventory optimization
- Proven experience implementing sales systems solutions to optimize demand planning and fulfillment, driving customer satisfaction
- Experience implementing solutions in an entrepreneurial environment, builds from the ground up. Start-up and rapid growth experience is a plus
- Public company experience is a plus, not required
- Experience thriving in a matrixed and collaborative operating environment
And is also...
- A builder
- Analytical and metric driven with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Confident and strong, without ego
- A Relationship builder who collaborates and influences effectively and brings out the best in partners.
- High in EQ and self-aware. A listener.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!