Casper is looking for a Lead Product Manager for our Connected Devices to drive channel strategy, own P&L and set category metrics.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own Connected category P&L and product and category margin targets, including physical and digital products (ie, Glow + Glow app, as well as future products and apps). Responsible for setting and achieving key category metrics.
- Leverage understanding of customers, technology, and competition to write, socialize and evolve category strategies to optimize top line growth, profitability and brand progression and growth. Develop, present and evolve product briefs for category.
- Deliver Product Brief and Marketing Requirements Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification. Work closely with product teams to evolve MRD as product development progresses.
- Serve as the product and marketplace expert, with a clear understanding of customer priorities to ensure the product’s success. Work with cross-functional team to ensure clarity of product objectives.
- Own launch cadence and coordination for category in collaboration with launch manager
- Direct product team sourcing and design process for each product opportunity (3rd party, white label, in-house development)
- Report out on and react to category selling across channels
- Drive business, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure buy-in and appropriate execution, from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and product end of life
- Collaborate with business & product development stakeholders to ensure alignment on resources, scope, and priorities
Our dream candidate is...
- 5+ years of hands on product management or merchandising experience with consumer electronic products, delivering high volume consumer electronic devices and multi-platform products (i.e. hardware, firmware, and mobile application).
- Experience with Agile software and hardware development.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Technical degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required; MBA a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!