Casper is seeking a Marketing Manager, UK & EU to act as the key liaison between the Marketing and Creative teams in New York and the European offices to bring Casper’s global brand vision to life in Europe. This person will report to the VP, Marketing based in Berlin and partner closely with the VP, Marketing, the Integrated Marketing team and Creative team in New York.
The ideal candidate will have an international background with the experience to understand and bridge cultural nuances, but also believe that great brand-building comes down to flawless execution across borders. So, rolling up one’s sleeves and staying closely involved with the work is critical, while also managing and communicating across multiple teams and timezones for future growth and success.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company, recently named by Consumer Reports as America’s #1 Rated Mattress Brand, is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, a dog mattress and bedroom furniture. The digital-native brand also now owns/operates over 20 retail stores across the US and Canada, with plans to significantly increase the fleet in 2019. It is also made available to consumers through wholesale partnerships including Target, Otto in Germany and Argos in the UK, among others. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions. What hasn’t changed since inception is the brand’s mission of bringing better sleep to more people, and raising awareness of sleep as a critical part of health and happiness.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Help shape a consistent voice and narrative of the Casper brand across our European geographies - - spanning everything from seasonal campaigns and promotions, new product launches, retail and wholesale activations.
- Facilitate processes and workflows between internal team in New York and Europe as well as select external partners to accomplish this.
- Collaborate with Marketing leads and other business stakeholders across regions on development and execution of Marketing campaigns and initiatives. Guide project briefings and scoping to ensure a healthy balance of international results and consistent global brand voice.
- Propose creative asset adaptation for the different European markets; advocate for cultural and commercial market requirements
- Manage creative deliverables and timelines to ensure work is finished, delivered, and trafficked on time (and on budget).
- Collaborate with Director of Consumer Insights to develop a research roadmap for European markets
- Promote continual cross-functional exchange and actively contribute to a culture of best practice sharing across geographies. Posses a hands-on approach to the work.
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams in setting the long term vision for the brand’s look/voice across all geographies, and contribute to a full brand toolkit for all international stakeholders to leverage.
- Lead and coordinate key projects and select initiatives for European geographies
- Help with coordination of local creative team and external partners in Europe, as needed
- Collaborate with Creative Operations Director on creative marketing budget for production of creative assets relevant to European markets
- Administrate financial budget for European marketing in collaboration with the VP Marketing
Our dream candidate has...
- 5+ years experience in international marketing or business experience (understanding of marketing fundamentals, creative evaluation, and budget management)
- Experience working in international markets outside the U.S. Deep understanding of cultural norms of European customers
- Prioritization, project management and time management skills
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic, and well-honed communication/presentation skills.
- Familiarity and passion for entrepreneurial and fast-paced work/creative environments
- Experience working willingness to travel internationally, UK native, German or French language skills are a plus
- An approachable style, and hopefully, a great sense of humor!