Casper is looking for a Product Development Coordinator to join our Operations team in our San Francisco office. The Product Development Coordinator will report into our Director of Product Development and work closely with our Product Design, Engineering, Packaging and Operations teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our seasonal products.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Purpose: We are looking for a Product Developer Coordinator who will bring support, clarity, organization and above all else, personality to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to aid in the execution of all activities that are deemed necessary to develop manufacture ready products.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do:
- Support product development team on all product development activities
- Data management and tracking of key developments in all data systems
- Ensures key calendar milestone and dates for product development are met
- Conducts and/or participates in weekly team meetings to ensure teams are aligned and address issues
- Understand product materials, construction, fit, function, and end use requirements
- Grow and maintain relationships with new & current suppliers
- Prepare and issue request for quotes to suppliers
- Track all incoming costs at every change level of the product
- Help update all costing docs and systems for cross-functional teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of college education and related work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a position that required the manipulation of large amounts of data using various spreadsheet applications
- Must have strong experience in retail math, cost margin analysis and supplier quotes.
- Knowledge of mattresses, apparel and/or soft goods construction development & production highly preferred.
- Expert Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point & Google based applications
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and ownership of deliverables
- Strong ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment
Casper (casper.com) is a sleep brand that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its award-winning sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?" sized box. A year and a half after launching the mattress, Casper expanded its universally comfortable product line, which now includes a perfect pillow and sheets.
The company is one of the fastest growing consumer brands of all time with more than 100 full-time employees, $100M in revenue for 2015, and 100,000 Casper owners. Casper was named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the World, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of Time's Best Inventions of 2015.
Competitive salary + Equity
Medical, vision, and dental insurance
Open vacation policy
Lots of free food and naps!