Casper is seeking an Employee Communications Specialist to join our growing Employee Experience and Workplace team. You will build and execute a thoughtful and engaging internal communication strategy that inspires, connects and engages our global workforce across offices and continents. You will work directly with the Senior Manager of Employee Comms & Experience to deliver on a communications strategy and employee experience program that aligns and supports our company goals, mission, and vision.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Own the content and develop programming for our weekly all-staff meeting
- Assist in content creation for our quarterly All Hands meetings
- Source, craft, and manage the distribution of our internal bi-weekly newsletter
- Write and send New Hire and Promotional Announcements to the company
- Support the multi-disciplinary People team in developing or fine-tuning content and materials; ensure all People team communications are appealing, branded and treated as internal “marketing” for employees, visitors, candidates
- Work with store communications and other offices to create content that is globally acceptable, and tailored for unique audiences
- Aid in developing evergreen content for the team
- Manage a company-wide comms and events calendar
- Participate in an Employee Communications taskforce and help to bring deliverables to life
- Filter all internal communications for brand and tone
- Partner with service teams across the organization (IT, Finance, etc) as we update policies and roll out new initiatives
Our dream candidate has...
- 2+ years of experience working on internal communications teams and/or projects
- A knack for writing through and through — complete with an obsess over sentence structure, a meticulous attitude about finding typos, and believe wholeheartedly in the Oxford comma
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Experience working with Senior Leaders to craft critical company communications
- Integrity and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- A love of puns and breathing life and humor into traditionally dry topics
- A kind demeanor with high EQ and empathy
- Great listening skills
- A love of building and creating things that make an impact with their peers