Casper is looking for a Summer 2019 intern to join our Site Experience team. You will spend the summer integrating Casper's in-house product catalog API service with our third-party content management system, Contentful, ensuring that product data is read from a single source of truth, flowing down to our shopping experience, reducing tech debt and code duplication. You will work cross-functionally, with members of our Platform, Front-End Operations, and Shop teams.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop integration between product catalog API service with content management system
- Create a deployment plan for rolling out product catalog integration
- Deliver quality peer-reviewed code that adheres to best practices
- Participate in software development lifecycle rituals
Our dream intern is...
- A current upperclassman undergraduate student studying computer science or a related field interested in building a first class e-commerce web experience
- Knowledgeable about REST APIs and AWS services
- Knowledgeable about modern frontend technologies like React, Redux, Webpack, and Styled Components
- Open-minded and values a team that is flexible around implementation
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!