Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Casper’s Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, and announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country and in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Nuts and Bolts:
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be the Associate Store Manager. You will oversee staff and day-to-day operations alongside the Store Manager. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer-centric and consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching and investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep and increase customer awareness.
- Protect and enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to the Casper organization.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans and increasing Casper’s market penetration rate.
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the manager, including staff scheduling, opening/closing, inventory management, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, and mentor a world class service-minded and high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement and learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement.
- Implement and supervise ongoing training and feedback with the team.
- Work with the fleet to build out back of house processes and manage continuous improvements.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent