Uber is looking to add a Manager of Indirect Tax to our rapidly growing tax team! This role will support our domestic tax function. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced environment and make an immediate impact. The job calls for a combination of people skills, excellent attention to detail, and superb organizational skills.
We're looking for someone who can learn, evaluate, and develop complex processes in a fast paced environment. You must be able to work independently to spearhead new projects, while also running recurring compliance functions. A major component of this role will involve teaming with other accounting and business leaders to provide technical advice on the indirect tax impact of existing and new Uber products and services. A strong individual for this position will have a consultative mindset concerning indirect taxes. You will be responsible for managing a team of analysts to perform sales tax, property tax, gross receipts tax, and unclaimed property compliance and related research. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Indirect Tax.
What You'll Do
- The indirect tax manager is responsible for various indirect tax related matters including;
- Train, mentor, and develop team members, including technical growth and career development
- Team with Finance, Legal and Operations to evaluate indirect tax impacts of new business ideas
- Research and communicate analysis of risks and opportunities via technical memorandums
- Work with Finance/Legal/IT Teams to build reporting and compliance processes
- Assist in documenting, reviewing, and analyzing processes for necessary controls and efficiencies
- Management of state and local indirect tax audits
- Review of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns including sales tax, gross receipts, and indirect taxes in multiple jurisdictions
- Assistance with property tax compliance review of property tax returns, payments and appeals
- Reconciliation and/or review of tax accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Review of state and local business registrations (as needed)
- Special projects as assigned
What You'll Need
- 5 Minimum Years of Experience with Domestic Indirect Tax
About the Team
We are a dedicated Indirect Tax team, consisting of a director, managers and analysts. Our diverse group of practitioners are building scalable and controlled processes for US indirect Tax. Our group ensures compliance with state and local indirect tax laws, provides accurate and pertinent advice on indirect tax matters, and informs groups across the business of risks and opportunities related to indirect tax.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.