Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly engaged legal team at a dynamic healthcare data analytics and services company that is focused on clinical, financial, and operational improvements for healthcare organizations. We seek an attorney who is both knowledgeable and practical. Practical skills such as creating simple, effective, and scalable contract models and contracting processes are valued as much as traditional legal skills—The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have a high level of skill in both areas. While it is expected that the job will focus on the subject areas described below, everyone in the Legal Department is expected to pitch in on any matter as the needs of the Department require.
This position reports to the General Counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategize on the design of effective and scalable models and contracts in the areas of data usage, care coordination, life sciences, and contribute to continual improvements in the efficiency and scalability of our contract processes for our core data platform and analytics services markets.
- Negotiate and draft (i) contractual arrangements with life sciences companies, (ii) data use agreements, (iii) customer and vendor agreements, (iv) non-disclosure agreements, and (v) other agreements.
- Assist with various legal aspects of international expansion
- Provide legal support for mergers and acquisitions
- Provide legal support for public disclosure compliance matters
- Assist with other Legal Department matters as required based on the needs of the Department.
Education and Qualifications
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the bar, active, and in good standing in at least one state
- At least 7 years experience in a law firm and/or in-house
- Preferred: Combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Preferred: Experience in life sciences and/or health care contracting and regulation, transactions.
- Public company compliance experience and health regulatory compliance program experience is a plus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.