Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Health Catalyst, the leader in healthcare analytics & data warehousing, is building a first-of-its-kind application platform for healthcare.
Today 80% of what every healthcare application does is the same: Ingest data from an EHR (Electronic Health Record), insurance claims and other data sources Run analytics or machine learning on the data to come up with insights Create a UI to show the insights and to allow users to act on the insights Try to integrate the insights into the EHR workflow of the clinicians
In reality, most applications fail to implement all these pieces and many even struggle with the first step of getting access to data about patients. No wonder technology has failed to achieve its potential in healthcare.
The Health Catalyst Data Operating System (DOS), is designed to provide this functionality out of the box so application developers can focus on the 20% that is unique about their application. At over 250 hospitals and 2,500 clinics that already use HealthCatalyst to manage over 65 million patients, hospital IT teams or 3rd party software vendors will be able to use these APIs to access data about patients without needing to integrate with the EHRs, to run analytics and machine learning in real-time, to build web and mobile UIs and to show their UI inside EHRs.
We are looking for some key senior people to help make this vision a reality. The ideal person would be a full stack engineer with experience in building complex end-to-end commercial software systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help design and build the architecture of our healthcare data operating system, leading and working hands-on towards implementation and delivery to production
- Work closely with other product development teams in the company to facilitate application development on the healthcare data operating system
- Tuning and optimization of backend and frontend data operations
- Scripting and automation to support development, QA and production database environments, and deployments to production
- Define and help enforce data governance and security policy
- Mentors development team members
- RESTful web service development experience (C#)
- Experience working with databases
Experience creating applications with RESTful API’s
Experience designing and writing functional and integration tests
Experience working in Agile software development environments
Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Interact and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively address client needs
Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
Healthcare experience is a plus
- .Net Core
- Experience building applications in Healthcare
Healthcare domain knowledge
UX or UI design
Experience programming in Object Oriented languages such as C#, Java, etc.
Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Azure)
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or MS in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building commercial software for the web
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.