Somewhere along the way, CRM got really hard to use. We’re changing that. ProsperWorks was built with three basic principles in mind: keep it simple, show what matters, and make it actionable.
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant to join ProsperWorks’ Finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode and grow your career with the company. Reporting to the Controller, you will be part of the Finance team, running the day to day accounting functions and implementing accounting policies and procedures. You’ll be participating in the development of tools, processes and procedures to allow the company to scale. The duties of the position will require the application of your accounting experience.
A day in the life...
- Review customer contracts and order documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Work with Sales Operations, Sales Representatives and Legal through the order to cash process
- Be responsible for the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting models as a key participant in the financial close process
- Perform manual billing for select customers on a bi-monthly basis
- Lead and assist in field work during annual financial statement audits
- Assist with researching, resolving, and documenting conclusions on technical accounting issues
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the general ledger
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Company’s business growth and culture
- Lead month end close process and weekly cash management reporting Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA license or CPA candidate actively seeking a license preferred
- 3-5+ years of corporate accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Combination of Big 4 accounting firm background and industry experience preferred.
- Detail oriented and ability to operate in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Understands operationally how to book journal entries and perform billing
- Strong ability to handle multiple, challenging tasks, with the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Deep understanding of GAAP accounting concepts, especially revenue accounting standards ASC 605 and 606
- Advance knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with key partners across the company
- Familiar with Quickbooks, Recurly and Paycom
Tell me more about Copper...
- Great team: Founded by successful veterans of Yahoo, Zynga, and eBay
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $35+ billion market for CRMs
- Funding: Raised over $87M for our Series C from top-tier investors
- On a roll: Our technology has won the following awards in the last year: G2Crowd #1 in Customer Satisfaction Summer Rankings, Google Best New Tech Partner of the Year
- Happy customers: Help hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses be more successful. Just read our reviews.
- Impact: A fun, transparent, and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
- Goodies: Awesome benefits, convenient SOMA location, beautiful office, catered lunch, team outings, and more!