Copper is the leading Google Cloud-recommended CRM for G Suite. It enables customers to move beyond data management and eliminate busy work so they can focus on the quality of their customer relationships. The company employs over 150 people, serves 10,000 customers in more than 110 countries, and the company has raised $87M in venture capital financing to date.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the accounting function and bring a strategic accounting perspective to the Company’s goals and overall operations. The Senior Accounting Manager will report directly to the CFO. Currently, overseeing a staff of 2, but will be responsible for further developing and building out a world-class accounting team. It’s a great opportunity for a public accounting auditor to make the switch to an industry or for an experienced Accounting Manager to level up in leadership.
A day in the life...
- Oversee all accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee operational data from our various billing/revenue system platforms to ensure data integrity and accuracy, as well as enhancing speed and reliability of financial reporting
- Manage the monthly close process, including reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company, cost allocations, and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Manage consultants for annual audit preparation, workpaper improvement, and technical accounting
- Lead annual financial audits, manage financial statement footnote disclosures and checklist
- Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms.
- Write and review technical accounting memos
- Manage monthly financial reporting package for banking partners
- Oversee cash management reporting to the CFO on a weekly basis
- Lead key projects: Nexus Tax Study, 401k audit, procurement system implementation, and ASC 606 implementation
- Supervise and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Economics, or Business Administration with an Accounting/Finance emphasis preferred; CPA strongly preferred
- 6+ years progressive experience in a combination of Big 4 and industry management roles
- Big 4 firm audit/assurance experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in SaaS and understanding ASC 605/606 software recognition
- Ability to lead the accounting function and collaborate with non-finance personnel
- Analytical; High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Experience in ERP systems, billing systems, and other accounting systems a plus
Tell me more about Copper...
- Great team: Founded by successful veterans of Yahoo, Zynga, and eBay
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $35+ billion market for CRMs
- Funding: Raised over $87M for our Series C from top-tier investors
- On a roll: Our technology has won the following awards in the last year: G2Crowd #1 in Customer Satisfaction Summer Rankings, Google Best New Tech Partner of the Year
- Happy customers: Help hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses be more successful. Just read our reviews.
- Impact: A fun, transparent, and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
- Goodies: Awesome benefits, convenient SOMA location, beautiful office, catered lunch, team outings, and more!