Avetta is searching for a high caliber Director, Financial Systems that will be responsible for the evaluation, implementation, integration, security, and administration of all financial systems, as well as the automation of financial processes, used at Avetta. In this role, you will be leading many highly-critical projects and initiatives that leverage process automation and the use of advanced technologies.
We are looking for someone who is collaborative and passionate about transforming processes using new and emerging technologies and the drive to solve difficult business issues, and that has a proven track record of results. Let’s be clear; this is much more than a systems administrator role. Rather, this individual will be a thought leader that has a strong action-oriented bias who will help transform our finance function by having integrated financial systems that automate manual process
The systems we’re using today include:
- Avid Exchange
While we’ve implemented top-tier systems, there’s plenty for you to accomplish. Check out the objectives and deliverables below to learn more about some of the cool projects you’ll be working on.
Objectives & Deliverables:
- Implementing the Avetta finance tech stack at our recently-acquired business
- Potentially upgrading Zuora or replacing it with another billing solution, possibly from NetSuite
- Implementing Adaptive Insights for the FP&A team
- Building out dashboards in Adaptive
- Automating account reconciliations, such as automating matching for bank recons.
- Reviewing the security of our financial systems
- Identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing new process automation opportunities, focusing on solutions that delivery strong business value in the shortest amount of time
- Managing the Finance automation roadmap and driving accountability across stakeholders in the Finance function, from ideation through implementation
- Educating stakeholders across Finance on automation capabilities and future opportunities
- Driving quantitative and qualitative benefits by eliminating repetitive manual processes
If you’re someone that has proven experience leading the implementation and management financial systems, as well as automating processes, at a high-growth, global finance organization, then you’re going to be a very strong candidate for this role. You’ll be an even better candidate for this position if you have several years of financial systems experience using the core systems that we have today.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA or BS degree or higher in Management Information Systems (preferred), Accounting, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT
- 10+ years of increasing experience in managing financial systems at companies with at least $100m in revenue, ideally for global software or technology companies
- At least 5 years of deep NetSuite financial systems experience, including in-depth knowledge of its various modules, such as the Advance Revenue or Recurring Revenue Management modules
- At least 5 years of experience with companies that have >75% recurring revenue
- Experience implementing, managing, and automating other financial systems, including Zuora, Avalara, AvidXchange, Adra (or Blackline), Concur, data warehouses, and FP&A/consolidation/reporting systems such as OneStream, Oracle PBCS, or Adaptive Insights
- Experience using APIs to automate work and connect systems, such as NetSuite, Salesforce, banking systems, reconciliation systems, FP&A systems, etc
- Proven expertise automating manual processes, such as revenue recognition, account reconciliations, and AP processes
- Excellent problem solving, root cause analysis skills. Able to readily diagnose system deficiencies and independently design and implement effective solutions to complex technical problems
- Accounting/Finance background preferred, with a good working knowledge of general accounting and corporate financial reporting is required
- Project Management Professional or other PMI certifications preferred