Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
As the Communications Associate, this person will work directly with the Communications and Social Media Manager to support public relations, social media, and event initiatives within the Common marketing team. During their time at Common, the ideal candidate will learn and fully understand the Common business model, value proposition, and brand, and love all things coliving. Eager to enter a rewarding marketing career, this person will get to be creative, think beyond traditional brand marketing tactics, and enjoy the collaborative environment that a startup brings. This role reports to the Communications Manager.
- Engage with Common’s community and other related brands on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Maintain a series of contacts in the media, influencer, conference, and partnership space
- Pitch key consumer and real estate press
- Keep up with the pulse of the coliving industry through press and social media at all times
- Identify and secure speaking placements at relevant real estate, design, and consumer conferences for top Common executives
- Assist in research projects around new home openings, markets, and partnerships
- Keep track of what the housing industry is most excited about and identify themes that could relate to our business model
- Coordinate with Social Media Manager to execute posting on Common’s social feeds
- Assist team in planning and staffing consumer and real estate events
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Experience with design tools like Photoshop
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excited by design and urban innovation
- Internet and news junkie who likes pop culture
- General understanding of how brands use social media
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously