World View is the world’s leading stratospheric flight technology company. We’re a Silicon Valley venture-capital backed business operating high altitude, lighter than air technologies with a mission to pioneer an entirely new economy in the stratosphere, profoundly changing the way governments, organizations, and individuals view, manage and interact with the planet. World View® is leading the way in the emerging stratospheric economy.
As an active, full-service commercial launch provider, our technology is already opening up new realms of possibility for commercial customers around the world. World View’s disruptiveStratollite flight platform serves a variety of mission functions and serve a broad range of critical commercial needs and applications.
The World View Mission Assurance team is seeking the right individual to help us build a quality program to predict and prevent failures in low volume manufacturing and operations. As part of the Quality and Reliability team, you will lead the development of a process-driven approach across engineering, manufacturing, and operations functions in a small, highly innovative business moving from a rapid prototype model to commercialization of our product and service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define and drive the development of quality and reliability strategies for standards development, technology qualification (acceptance and certification), and process development in engineering, manufacturing, and operations.
- Development of reliability metrics to systematically identify trends and increase reliability across all areas of the organization
- Identify concerns for product reliability and initiate risk management and improvement actions in a cross-functional, interdependent environment.
- Lead and utilize lessons learned and failure reviews to improve reliability margins.
- Lead and mentor other Mission Assurance personnel and World View managers in the above activities.