Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers ALL women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Madison Reed is revolutionizing the $50 billion hair care industry by making personal care more personal and by offering best-in-class products formulated under strict standards that truly raise the bar. Our deep commitment to the “client” experience paired with our dedication to technology and product innovation has fostered an extremely dedicated, consistently-growing fan base.
- Model the attributes of an enthusiastic and innovative team player with a strong desire to create a positive work environment in line with the organization’s cultural norms and values
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Provide sound consultation and tactical execution to optimize people leadership, structure, process, and culture with the goal of achieving exceptional business results
- Understand levers that reinforce a winning culture and lead with our values, drive engagement, reward and recognize, foster an inclusive and diverse environment, and create a high-quality employee experience.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, and employment law
- Demonstrated ability to be agile while managing through the ambiguity and competing priorities that come with joining a high-growth startup
- Ability to think strategically, develop plans, and execute highly impactful programs and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to summarize and present information to all levels within the organization
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of the People team
- HR business partner skills including the ability to establish credibility with business clients, and be courageous with coaching and delivering feedback
- Leverage data to make decisions to support business objectives while identifying gaps, trends, and implementing process improvements: Learn, iterate, and improve.
- Provide support analyzing and designing a competitive compensation and benefits structure that attracts and retains talent
- Manage employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, leave of absence, wellness, and retirement plans.
- Recommend innovative employee benefit programs by evaluating and optimizing employee understanding and acceptance, while considering costs, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantages.
- Ensure benefit programs comply with the provisions of local, state, federal, and statutory regulations (e.g. ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, OSHA, etc.) and support data gathering and reporting for required government filings.
- Develop guidelines and tools to support employee compensation actions, e.g., promotional increases, new hire salaries, merit increases
- Participate in the development of the competency model to be incorporated into Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Workforce Planning initiatives impacting the entire organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
This position is responsible for managing the Facilities Coordinator role and the training, coaching, and performance management of that individual.
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and 10 years of human resource experience.
- Prior experience providing support in a start-up, rapid growth, and/or retail environment.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior experience performing system implementations, and partnering with brokers and third-party vendors
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, use fingers and hands, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, and hear. May on occasion lift/push/pull office products and supplies up to 20 pounds in weight.