The IT Systems Administrator performs two core functions for the enterprise. The first is the administration and maintenance of critical business systems including VMWare, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SFTP, SMTP, wireless networks, VPN access, and related technologies. The second is to support the organizations ISO27001 Information Security Management System by managing risk, and monitoring compliance. The Administrator will conduct information security risk assessments, conduct internal audits, and assist in the creation and review of information security and IT operations documents. The candidate is expected to be a skilled IT professional and possess excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Network Operations Manager
- Installing & maintaining Windows Servers in a VMware environment
- Ensure critical business systems are available 24x7x365
- Patch management for Windows computers
- Administer cloud-based systems including Office 365, Cisco Umbrella, Symantec Anti-virus and Total Uptime DNS.
- Fortinet VPN administration
- Administration of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Administration of SMTP Servers
- Head Office WIFI network administration
- Ensuring Hardware assets are up to date in Salesforce
- Maintain Software licensing & approved software list
- Provide 2nd & 3rd level support for internal issues escalated from IT support. Escalate issues internally and to Dell or other vendors when required.
- Work with the Network and Security Administrators and other members of the IT department to complete Salesforce and project related tasks
- Track and renew support contracts
- Monitor alerts during business hours, after hours and on weekends and work with other members of the IT department to resolve issues. This may require being on call during rotating shifts.
- Develop secure deployment and configuration guides as new technology is implemented.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with Cority internal information security controls.
- Assist with internal audits and other information security related tasks
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Certifications – VMWare, CCNA, Network+ are highly desirable but not required
- 5 years of hands-on experience in design, implementation, configuration and support of computer hardware and software and network devices
- Experience with imaging Windows 10 Enterprise
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows server operating system, including Windows Server 2008 R2 2012 R2, and 2016.
- Understanding of VMware virtualization, including:
- OS deployment
- Virtual machine configuration
- Understanding of basic TCP/IP networking concepts:
- Subnet masking
- Understanding of basic SAN & NAS storage concepts.
- Working knowledge of backup & restore concepts & techniques.
- Experience with MS Office 365, Symantec Antivirus, Azure, VMWare, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve server related issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Intermediate knowledge of network concepts and protocols
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and directed fashion
- Must have an ability to work independently as well on a team
- Must possess strong time management skills and attention to detail in documentation.