Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of system integration, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnosing, troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing of systems. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce required data elements. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to customer relationship managers, customer support representatives, or engineers. Analyzes issues to determine appropriate path of escalation if needed. Tests the implementation of a project for accuracy and adherence to customer expectations and written design specifications. This job may include any aspect of support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Adaptability and Flexibility- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity and to entertain new ideas when appropriate.
- Effective Team Contributor - Ability to plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively.
- Continuous learning - Display a willingness to learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Critical Thinking - Consistently demonstrate ability to work on concurrent projects and objectives and possess sufficient logic and reasoning ability to perform job successfully.
- Databases and Applications - Demonstrate an understanding of the technology used to control and safeguard the collection, organization, structure, processing, and delivery of data.
- Principles of Information Technology - Knowledge of information technologies (fundamental concepts, systems, applications etc.). A demonstrated knowledge of the data requirements of business activities and their relationship to processing functions.
- User and Customer Support- Demonstrate understanding and ability to provide a range of services providing assistance and technical support to help users implement and solve problems related to information technology.
- Networks, Telecommunication, Wireless and Mobility- Understand the processes, hardware, and software employed to facilitate communication between people, computer systems and devices.
- 2 years of experience collecting, processing and analyzing data feeds including error analysis and resolution involving internal and/or external customers
- Perform detailed data analysis
- Understand database structures and systems
- SQL knowledge with ability to write complex queries
- Understand and possess the ability to apply project life-cycle methodology
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with reviewing and evaluating metrics to assure quality level
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problem
- Experience with multiple platforms; including mainframe and client/server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, including strong questioning and listening skills, ability to look beyond obvious answers and understand the impact on other areas
- Ability to report on project requirements/objectives as appropriate to Project Manager and Leadership Team
- Ability to interact with software vendors
- Understand customer business requirements
- Understand importance of information security
- Ability to create and update written documentation
- Familiarity with ETL
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.