Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas such as materials, marketing, accounting, or human resources. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. Provides first line of support for troubleshooting network issues, and coordinates with engineering teams and vendors for the installation and configuration of routers, switches, and media gateways. Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations. Monitors performance, system utilization, service reliability and assists with capacity planning. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 2-3 years of working in IT environment supporting a Windows Domain, WANs, LANs, or SANS, and network administration.
- Certified MCSE, MCSM, CCNA, or Linux Certified preferred.
- 2-3 Years of experience as a Windows Systems Administrator
- Experience with enterprise-level networking, including IP subnetting, switching and routing protocols, and specific service level network protocols including VPN and SNMP
- Experience with managing network devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, proxy servers, and wireless APs)
- Experience with Juniper devices, Cisco devices, and Junos OS is a plus.
- Experience with basic scripting and Python a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to quickly diagnose and isolate hardware/software issues
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good project management skills
- Works well in a team environment/regarded as a “team player”
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.