The Platform Engineer at Appriss Health will partner with Senior Solutions and Platform Architects to operationalize and deliver network, security, and infrastructure solutions supporting functional application teams and platform architecture strategy. Responsibilities include security operations, network operations, database administration with continued focus on public cloud strategy and automation.
Minimum Requirements -Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience or Industry Leading Certifications in Networking and Security
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- Experience working in a fast paced highly competitive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience supporting and solutioning security strategies, networking strategies and infrastructure with focus on public cloud.
Helpful / Preferred
- Operational and Enterprise Support experience
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, F5
Functions and Responsibilities
- Operationalize and Automate Platform Services and Infrastructure
- Support Security Operations and Execution
- Web Infrastructure, PKI, and Enterprise Certification Management
- DNS Management and Automation
- Automation through Infrastructure as Code using appropriate tools, coding standards and best practices.
- Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times. Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management.
- Develops clear and concise documentation.
- Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or the customer.
- Develop expert knowledge of existing platforms and infrastructure.
- Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Will need to be on call for engineering Support per on call schedule.
- Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes
- Will need to restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with platform services team.
- Other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be required for both training and customer facing issues.